Alicia is a senior associate in the firm's commercial litigation group. Alicia's particular area of focus is competition law, and she also provides advice on contractual disputes, insurance matters, professional indemnity issues, and banking and finance litigation.
Alicia has provided advice to clients on Commerce Commission investigations under the Commerce Act and Fair Trading Act, and defended clients in proceedings commenced by the Commerce Commission. She has appeared in both the High Court and District Court, as well as in meditations, arbitrations, and judicial settlement conferences.
Examples of Work
- Commerce Commission v Westpac - prosecution on credit card charges under the Fair Trading Act
- Commerce Commission v KANZ and Others - the leading case on penalties for breach of section 30 of the Commerce Act
- Defence of Commerce Commission proceedings concerning surcharges on air cargo
- A contractual dispute concerning ownership of a super yacht
- Mortgage indemnity insurance claims following the collapse of a large finance company
- Defending professional negligence claims
- Mortgage enforcement
- Caveat removals