Ann is a senior associate in the firm's local government and environment group. She advises territorial authorities, corporates, and developers on their ongoing obligations, rights, and duties under the Resource Management and the Building Acts. She has extensive experience with large infrastructure projects, and district and regional plan development.
Ann's work includes managing resource consent applications and appeals; drafting and advising on bylaw review; advising on Building Act issues, including resolving issues through the determination process; and alternative dispute resolution.
Examples of Work
- Newmont Waihi Gold - submissions to Waikato Regional Council, and later appeal (and section 274 interests) to the Environment Court, on Variation 6 to the Waikato Regional Plan
- Newmont Waihi Gold - draft National Policy Statement on freshwater management and the draft National Environmental Standard on ecological flows and water levels
- Mt Rex Shipping - obtaining district and regional consents for its aggregate and sand terminal
- Rodney District Council - designation and suite of regional resource consents for the Penlink roading project
- Tauranga City Council - designations, pump stations and stormwater attenuation, and associated regional consents, for a comprehensive stormwater consent
- Tauranga City Council - designations and suite of regional resource consents for municipal water take
- North Shore City Council and NZ Transport Agency - transport bylaw development and implementation advice regarding express lanes, park and drive, and the Northern Busway
- Various local authorities - assisting with drafting of district plans and management of the appeal process, including alternative dispute resolution
- Hopper Developments - district plan development for the Whitianga Waterways project
- Barrier Free New Zealand Trust - Chair