Charlotte Bates is a senior associate in the Wellington employment group. She advises on all aspects of employment law including disciplinary matters, corporate restructures, sales and purchases of businesses, personal grievances, Holidays Act issues, employment agreements and policies, health and safety matters, collective bargaining and other union issues.
Her experience includes working in-house as an employment lawyer in both the private and public sectors, where she advised on a wide range of employment law issues.
Charlotte regularly represents clients at mediations and appears in the Employment Relations Authority.
Examples of Work
- Major corporate client - advice on a global corporate restructure and out-sourcing and off-shoring of work
- Various clients - investigations into allegations of bullying and harassment
- Various clients - drafting employment agreements and policies
- Large government department - investigation into and advice on allegations of fraud
- Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) - Member
- New Zealand Law Society (Wellington Branch) - Employment Law Committee Member