Craig is a senior associate in the firm's commercial group. He advises overseas and New Zealand investors on mergers and acquisitions across a variety of industries. He has particular expertise in project managing due diligence and in New Zealand's foreign investment laws.
Craig has extensive experience working with the forestry industry and in the area of climate change.
Craig also advises on sales and marketing law, including advertising, events, sponsorship, competition and sales promotions, gambling, distribution, and licensing. The sales and marketing practice covers a wide range of industries and subject matter, including food and beverage, medicines and supplements, and sports and venues.
Craig provides legal advice to medium-sized businesses, corporates, local government organisations and other types of entities on a variety of issues including the structuring, establishment, governance and constitutional reviews, major contracts, acquisitions and succession issues.
- Chambers Global Corporate/Commercial 2011 - Leading Lawyer
Examples of Work
- Regional Facilities Auckland/Auckland Council - general commercial advice, including on governance, structural and contractual matters
- Auckland Transition Agency - advice regarding structuring, creation and operation of new Auckland Council entities
- Forestry corporates and investment funds and wood processing businesses (including Matariki Forests, Blakely Pacific and Dongwha Patinna NZ) - general commercial advice and contracts for the disposal, acquisition, and operation of various forest assets and businesses
- Forestry/carbon investors - investments in forests to earn carbon credits under New Zealand's Emissions Trading Scheme and Permanent Forest Sinks Initiative and subsequent trading of carbon credits
- Leading multi-nationals (including Kellogg, Mars, Dell, Samsung and advertising agencies) - sales and marketing law advice
- Kitchen Things Group - general commercial advice, including advising on franchise matters, structuring and acquisitions
- Investors and clients seeking investors - advising on the incorporation of companies, issuing shares, selling shares, and advising on shareholder agreements
- Overseas investors in New Zealand and vendors selling land/businesses to overseas investors - advising on all aspects of New Zealand's overseas investment laws
- New Zealand Institute of Forestry - Associate Member