Duncan is a partner in the firm's local government and environment group. He has more than 30 years' expertise, extending across a range of industry sectors, including resource management, local government, land valuation, and public law.
His experience includes infrastructure development projects involving roads, water supply schemes, waste water treatment plants, gas pipelines, and transmission lines, as well as the consenting of large residential developments and commercial developments.
- PLC Which Lawyer? Environment 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- The International Who's Who Legal Environment 2010 - Leading Lawyer
Examples of Work
- Transpower North Island Grid Upgrade Project - an $824 million project to obtain approval for a new 186 km overhead transmission line, underground cables, and substations, following call-in by the Minister for the Environment as a project of national significance
- Overseas passenger terminal development
- Powerco - new transmission line projects
- Johnsonville shopping centre redevelopment
- Accredited by Land Information New Zealand to undertake Crown property work
- Resource Management Law Association - Member
- New Zealand Institute of Surveyors - Honorary Life Member
- Brookers Building Act - Co-author
- Brookers Resource Management - Co-editor