Our team offers clients expert advice on the purchasing, financing, and leasing of assets and equipment.
We advise on the full spectrum of financing arrangements, including:
- receivables assignments and factoring
- finance leases
- operating leases
- principal and agency arrangements
- third-party debtor arrangements, and
- other risk transfer programmes (on both a full and a non-recourse basis).
This has involved us advising on funding options for all major asset classes, including aircraft, rolling stock, ships, information technology assets, and motor vehicle fleets.
We work closely with our tax experts to ensure that the arrangements are tax-efficient.
Examples of our work
- Auckland Council - $500 million funding for procurement of fleet of electric trains
- BOQ Equipment Finance - acquisition of FleetPartners' portfolio of heavy commercial vehicle operating leases
- New Zealand Defence Force - telecommunications outsourcing arrangements, which included telecommunications equipment leasing
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) - leasing of two Boeing B777-319ER aircraft to Air New Zealand
- Virgin Australia Airlines (NZ) - various aircraft leases
- New Zealand Comfort Group - acquisition of Dassault Falcon aircraft
- Oceana Gold - lease of mining fleet and equipment