Our aviation specialists advise on all aspects of aviation law, airport development/expansion, and airport security control.
We have advised major participants in the New Zealand aviation sector including Virgin Australia, Lan Chile, Garuda Indonesia and Thai Airways. Issues include establishment of on-line operations, international air traffic agreements, deregulation, mergers and alliances, operator and airport liability, aircraft registration, regulation and operation, aircraft financing, leasing and charter, and wholesale, retail and direct sales.
We offer expertise to providers in the aviation sector and in local regulatory issues, prosecutions and licensing matters, including air accident investigations, aircraft certification and coroner's inquests.
Examples of our work - Airlines
- Eurocopter International Pacific (NZ) - holding and release of escrow deposits for new aircraft sold into New Zealand
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) - agreement to lease two Boeing B777-319ER aircraft to Air New Zealand
Examples of our work- Airports
- Christchurch International Airport - $200 million terminal expansion project
- Auckland International Airport - telecommunications network issues, including access arrangements and cell site licensing
- Auckland International Airport - international terminal development
- Aviation Security Service - airport security control measures