Our commercial specialists provide timely and pragmatic advice to suppliers and customers on a broad range of commercial contracts across all business and industry sectors.
Our significant experience includes supply and distribution arrangements, licensing, logistics and warehousing, and facilities management. We also advise on franchising, joint ventures, sales and marketing, manufacturing, outsourcing, maintenance, and support arrangements.
Leading companies value our experience when it comes to major projects and complex cross-border contracts. Our commercial law experts work, together with our specialist intellectual property, regulatory and tax lawyers, to provide comprehensive advice on the structuring and documenting of strategic arrangements. This involves advice on suitable business structures, including joint ventures, partnerships (including limited partnerships), and strategic alliances.
We advise both public and private organisations on public/private partnerships (PPPs).
Examples of our work
- Inland Revenue - providing legal support in relation to its business transformation programme, including the procurement process for primary programme support
- Transmission Gully State Highway Project - New Zealand legal adviser to Wellington Gateway Partnership, the successful consortium on this PPP project
- Livestock Improvement Corporation (LIC) - innovative collaboration arrangements to give LIC exposure to new technology and new markets
- Health Benefits - various contracts (principally with IBM) relating to the National Infrastructure Platform programme which is intended to move New Zealand's district health boards infrastructure on to one national platform
- Local Fibre Companies (Enable Networks, UltraFast Fibre and Northpower Fibre) - all aspects of the roll-out of ultra-fast broadband
- Ministry of Economic Development (now MBIE) - structure of Crown Fibre Holdings and Invitation to Participate for the government's $1.5 billion Ultra-Fast Broadband Project
- Agria Corporation (a NYSE listed Chinese agriculture business) - strategic co-operation agreement for Agria and PGG Wrightson to work together to share know-how and intellectual property globally, as part of Agria's $120 million investment
- Haier Group Corporation - commercial arrangements with Fisher & Paykel Appliances (FPA) for the sale, distribution and maintenance of FPA products in China and for FPA to sell, distribute and maintain Haier products in New Zealand and Australia
- Tennis Auckland - redevelopment of ASB Tennis Centre
- Eden Park - 2011 Rugby World Cup development
- BP Oil New Zealand - "Fuel Dockets" scheme with Foodstuffs and Pak'n Save Fuels arrangements