Simpson Grierson has one of New Zealand's leading dispute resolution practices.
We have specialists working in specific areas of expertise. This allows us to call on a store of experience, ensuring that expert knowledge is applied to every issue.
Our litigators work closely with our other specialist groups to provide strategic advice on risk management and to ensure cost-effective and timely resolution of disputes. We also resolve disputes through alternative dispute resolution.
Examples of our work
- Financial institutions - defending claims made by the Commerce Commission and the Financial Markets Authority into alleged misleading representation, in relation to the marketing and sale of interest rate swaps by financial institutions
- OMV New Zealand - defending an appeal from OMV's joint venture partners concerning the governance of production from Pohokura, New Zealand's largest gas field
- Petrobras - high-profile judicial review proceedings in which Greenpeace and Te Whanau-a-Apanui challenged the decision of the Minister for Energy and Resources to grant a five-year exploration permit to explore the Raukumara basin
- A global airline - a claim by the Commerce Commission alleging the fixing of the price of the fuel surcharge in respect of air cargo
- Rolls-Royce - High Court proceedings involving a $150 million damages claim concerning the Kinleith Co-Generation Plant
For more examples of our work, please see our detailed expertise pages.