Businesses need the support of a strong partner, as business models continue to move away from outright ownership towards joint ventures and strategic alliances. Our clients want results. We put the legal framework in place to achieve these goals.
We advise on the creation, operation, and termination of joint venture agreements and strategic alliances. We provide an integrated service focused around our clients' commercial needs, drawing on our specialists in competition and regulatory, corporate governance, tax, and dispute resolution.
We also advise on partnership arrangements, including limited partnerships.
Examples of our work
- SmartCo - a joint venture between eight electricity lines companies to procure and deploy electricity “smart meters” which record and relay consumption information back to SmartCo via wireless telecommunications
- DB Breweries - establishment of Barworks joint venture
- Haier - strategic cooperation agreement with Fisher & Paykel Appliances
- Agria Corporation - strategic cooperation agreement with PGG Wrightson
- Cargill - investment in the Spring Creek mining venture
- Winstone Aggregates - establishment of waste management joint venture