Planning, building, and operating the land transport network is critical to the nation's wellbeing. Our experienced land transport specialists understand the unique and complex legislative structure surrounding this sector, at both local and national level.
Whether you need assistance with planning (designations and consents) or delivery of projects (design, procurement, property matters, funding, construction, and - hopefully not - dispute resolution) or operating the network (bylaws and enforcement) we have the specialist expertise.
Examples of our work
- Transmission Gully State Highway Project (a $1 billion public private partnership to develop a new highway north of Wellington) - legal adviser to the Leighton Contractors Pty and HEB Construction Joint Venture on all aspects relating to the design and construct element of the project
- Auckland Transport - numerous projects including the acquisition of properties and substratum land required for the City Rail Link; the acquisition of the properties required for the AMETI project; and acquisitions for the Waterview Connection
- Auckland City Council (now Auckland Council):
- Road Maintenance Alliance (the first "maintenance alliance" of this type implemented in New Zealand)
- Britomart Transport Centre project
- Auckland Council and Auckland Transport - major transport interchange for rail and buses, over which a new Manukau Institute of Technology and rail station are to be built
- Christchurch Southern Motorway extension
- Tauranga City Council - second harbour crossing
- TranzRail - double tracking of the central railway line through Auckland
- Transit NZ (now NZ Transport Agency) and North Shore City Council (now Auckland Transport) - the Northern Busway project from inception through to operation
- North Shore City Council - Esmonde Road, Lake Road, Wairau/Taharoto Road and Anzac Street upgrades
- Rodney District Council - Penlink DBFO Toll Road