Leveraged & Acquisition Finance
Our leveraged and acquisition finance team advises lenders, sponsors, and borrowers. We advise on acquisition financings of companies, leveraged buy-outs, trade purchases, recapitalisations, and other corporate lending transactions.
Our expertise covers senior, second-lien, mezzanine, and PIK debt, bridge-to-bond financings, and other take-out mechanisms.
We advise financiers, acquiring borrowers, and sponsors.
The market recognises us for our technical expertise, understanding of the commercial drivers, pragmatism, and strong transaction management skills.
Examples of our work
- nib Holdings - takeover of Tower Medical Insurance, using a combination of bank and intercompany funding
- Mezzanine lenders - Griffin's Foods refinancing
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia - A$85 million funding for Navis Capital's leveraged acquisition of Retail Apparel Group
- Maui Capital - leveraged financing of majority stake in Euro Corporation
- ANZ and Westpac - leveraged financing of BJ Ball Group by Maui Capital
- ANZ and Westpac - leveraged financing of Focus Paper by Maui Capital
- Westpac - funding for Buller Energy's acquisition of majority stake in Pulse Utilities
- Champ Ventures - funding for leveraged acquisition of Botanical Foods
- New Zealand Comfort Group (then Sleepyhead Manufacturing) - syndicated facility to acquire the Dunlop Foams and Sleepmaker business in Australia and to refinance existing facilities
- Goldman Sachs - funding for acquisition of Tyco Electrical's business in Australia and New Zealand