We have an outstanding property finance practice, and have acted on some of the country's most significant developments.
Our long relationship with the major financiers attests to our expertise, judgment, and dependability.
We assist clients to identify and implement effective funding structures for property acquisitions, property developments, and construction projects.
Our expert advice covers the full range of property financing options, including loan facilities (senior and mezzanine), bridging finance, and workout solutions.
In addition, we advise on risk exposure and management. This includes mortgages, guarantees and indemnities, tripartite agreements, step-in arrangements, priority and security sharing documentation, performance bonds, and bank guarantees.
Examples of our work
- Funding for new Telecom (now Spark) headquarters in Victoria Street, Auckland - a $280 million four-building office complex
- Development and subsequent take-out funding for Pipitea Plaza, Wellington - a nine-floor office complex fully let to a government agency
- Development and investment funding for Novotel Auckland Airport - a $65 million hotel project by a joint venture between Tainui Group Holdings, Auckland Airport, and Accor
- Term funding related to the redevelopment of the Britomart precinct in Auckland
- Development funding for a 400-hectare subdivision at Jacks Point, Queenstown - $1 billion development
- Development funding for a 6.3-hectare large-format retail park in Hastings
- Funding for Denarau Villas and 125-unit luxury Denarau Beach Resort in Fiji