Tourism & Hotels
We understand the complexities of the tourism business. Our specialists have extensive experience in providing solutions to the challenges faced by clients throughout New Zealand and the Pacific.
We negotiate and advise on service and management agreements, acquisition and financing issues, and handle the full range of other operational issues. This includes helping owners and operators buy, sell and lease property, prepare governing documents, as well as handling the tax, zoning, construction and environmental concerns. We also resolve any disputes that arise, from existing agreements to work-outs of financially distressed properties.
We also assist with: intellectual property and brand protection; liability issues for the sale of food and beverages; health & safety issues; liquor licensing and other regulatory issues; gaming issues and all sales and marketing activity including events, sponsorships and promotions.
Examples of our work
- Hopper Developments - integrated resort developments at Vulani, Fiji
- Creation of a joint venture between American and Maori interests for acquisition and subsequent sale of a chain of hotels in New Zealand
- Establishment in New Zealand of Singapore based Dynasty Hotel Group
- Acquisition of the Carlton Hotel by Hong Kong based interests
- Advising on property matters relating to the development of several hotel and tourism resorts and residential subdivisions in Fiji (including the resort and residential developments on Denarau Island, Fiji)
- Tauranga City Council - hotel and conference facility in Tauranga
- SKYCITY - casino tower and tunnel under Hobson Street
- Kings Wharf Fiji - upgrade works
- Waiwera Thermal Resort - upgrade
- Carlton Hotel - upgrade and addition of 100 rooms
- Auckland Museum - stage II upgrade
- Acting for overseas purchasers of Otahuna Lodge, Canterbury including Overseas Investment Office approval
- Pauanui Lake Resort - residential and golf course subdivision development
- St Moritz Hotel, Queenstown - sale of serviced apartments