Trusts, Wills & Estates
The specialists in our trusts, wills, and estates practice provide clients with advice on all aspects of asset protection planning, succession planning, trusts, wills, and estate administration.
Our trust expertise includes trust establishment, administration, review, restructure, and distribution. Our specialists work closely with our tax experts where necessary to ensure that structures are tax-efficient.
We have in-depth experience in dealing with the Family Protection Act, the Law Reform (Testamentary Promises) Act, and the Property (Relationships) Act and their impact on wills and estates. Should any contentious issues arise in a trust or estate administration or distribution, our wills, trusts, and estates experts will work collaboratively with our litigation experts to achieve the best possible outcome.
We also advise on the establishment and administration of charitable trusts and on compliance with the Charities Act.
- Trusts - establishment, review, resettlement, variations and vesting
- Wills - complex drafting and advice
- Estate administration - complex applications for grants of probate and letters of administration for both New Zealand wills and foreign wills
- Powers of attorney - enduring, general and specific
- Relationship property - advice and contracting out agreements
- Gifting - advice post the abolishment of gift duty
- Retirement villages - advice on occupation right agreements
- Residential care - advice on eligibility for government subsidies and government loans