Jania is a senior associate in the firm's commercial litigation group. She has broad experience in all aspects of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
Jania has recently acted on major commercial cases involving complex contractual and tortious disputes. She has specialist expertise in insurance and product liability issues, and has been involved in a number of product liability cases covering a range of industries.
Jania also has an interest in media and information law. She regularly acts on disputes regarding the protection of confidential information, and advises clients regarding defamation and corporate reputation issues.
Jania's practical advice and focus on commercial outcomes assists her to enforce and defend her client's rights.
- Chambers Global (Dispute Resolution) 2013 - Associate to Watch
Examples of Work
- Bayer New Zealand and its insurer, HDI-Gerling Industrial Insurance Company - acting on a complex multi-claimant product liability dispute
- Ports of Auckland - high profile High Court litigation brought by Port of Tauranga regarding the container terminal at Sulphur Point in Tauranga
- Pumpkin Patch - successfully defending High Court injunction proceedings brought by a competitor
- A2 Corporation - High Court proceedings against an offshore party, in order to enforce A2's contractual rights
- Mercedes-Benz New Zealand - regularly advising on contentious issues, claims and proceedings
- Producer of fast-moving consumer goods - advising on a product packaging dispute with a competitor
- George Weston Foods - acting on a dispute regarding a distribution agreement with Yarrows (The Bakers) and resulting arbitration proceedings, and advising on a range of other contentious issues and claims
- Stella Travel Services New Zealand - acting on a variety of franchise-based issues and disputes; pursuing a breach of warranty claim for the then named Gullivers Travel Group arising out of the purchase of New Zealand-based travel companies from offshore vendors
- Auckland Women Lawyers' Association - Member
- Association of Lawyers Engaged in Dispute Resolution (LEADR) - Member