John is a senior associate in the firm's commercial property group. He has advised on many major projects for Crown and local authority entities as well as corporate clients. These include the development and leasing of "new build" premises, refurbishment projects, due diligence, joint ventures, and the management of significant sales and purchases of commercial properties.
His expertise extends to all areas of leasing and development of commercial property premises for Crown entities. John has also advised on leasing and sales and purchases of commercial property for corporate clients. This work has included overseas investment issues, tenancy enforcement, and associated property matters.
Examples of Work
- Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand - "new build" tenancy matters
- Inland Revenue - development agreement and leasing of their "new build" premises in Wellington
- Department of Labour - proposals for new premises in Wellington
- Statistics New Zealand - Development Agreement and leasing of their "new build" premises in Wellington
- Ministry of Research Science and Technology - new leasing in Wellington
- Ministry for the Environment - various property issues
- Programme of disposals of corporate property portfolios
- Transpower House and Deloitte House - leasing projects in several major building redevelopments in Wellington
- Professional Studies courses at University, Institute of Management courses, and business groups - Occasional lecturer
- Property management groups - Occasional member