Josh is a senior associate in the transactional banking and finance group in Wellington.
He has experience in a broad range of domestic and international banking and finance transactions, acting for banks, borrowers, arrangers, and trustees. He has particular expertise in leveraged finance, project finance, property finance, and corporate lending, with a focus on cross-border transactions.
Josh has returned to the firm after spending several years in the banking team at Norton Rose LLP in London, during which time he was also seconded to the role of legal counsel within GE Corporate Finance Bank.
Examples of Work
- Etisalat Nigeria - US$550 million and ₦82.5 billion (approximately US$100 million) facilities by a Nigerian banking syndicate for roll-out of Etisalat Nigeria's 2G and 3G telecommunications networks
- MTN Nigeria Communications - US$200 million buyer's credit facility by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, US$250 million export credit facility by KFW-IPEX Bank (with credit support by the Export Credit Agency of Sweden), and ₦250 billion (approximately US$1.6 billion) local facility by a Nigerian banking syndicate (in each case, acting for the banks)
- ABN Infrastructure Capital Equity Partners - £69 million senior facilities to acquire and develop Belfast City Airport (acting for HSH Nordbank as mandated lead arranger)
- ExxonMobil - Euro-denominated revolving credit facilities to French and Spanish subsidiaries
- Zambia Sugar - ZK605 billion (approximately US$130 million) facility for general corporate purposes and amendment and restatement of existing US$70 million facility (acting for Citibank and The Standard Bank of South Africa as mandated lead arrangers)
- Trinity Mirror - refinancing of £210 million revolving credit facility provided by a European banking syndicate
- Private equity consortium led by M/C Partners - €175 million senior facilities to acquire European telecommunications group GTS Central Europe (acting for ABN AMRO, Raiffeisen Zentralbank, WestLB, and ING Bank as mandated lead arrangers)
- Gresham LLP - €65 million senior facilities and €10 million mezzanine facility to acquire the global Betts Group (acting for CIT Capital Finance (UK) as mandated lead arranger)