Leveraged & Acquisition Finance
Our leveraged and acquisition finance practice advises lenders, sponsors, and borrowers. We advise on acquisition financings of companies, leveraged buy-outs and buy-ins, trade purchases, recapitalisations, and other corporate lending transactions. Our expertise covers senior, second-lien, mezzanine, and PIK debt, bridge-to-bond financings, and other take-out mechanisms.
We are supported by our strong corporate, tax, and capital markets practices. We work together closely with them in advising financiers, acquiring borrowers, and sponsors.
We are recognised for our technical expertise, understanding of the commercial drivers, pragmatism, and strong transaction management skills.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia - A$85 million funding for Navis Capital's leveraged acquisition of Retail Apparel Group
- Maui Capital - leveraged acquisition of majority stake in Euro Corporation
- ANZ and Westpac - leveraged acquisition of BJ Ball Group by Maui Capital
- ANZ and Westpac - leveraged acquisition of Focus Paper by Maui Capital
- Champ Ventures - funding for leveraged acquisition of Botanical Foods
- New Zealand Comfort Group (then Sleepyhead Manufacturing) - syndicated facility to acquire the Dunlop Foams and Sleepmaker business in Australia and to refinance existing facilities
- Goldman Sachs JBWere - funding for acquisition of Tyco Electrical's business in Australia and New Zealand