Matt is a senior associate in the firm's local government and environment group. He provides local authorities with resource management policy and planning advice and representation on a wide variety of issues. These include management of air quality and coastal hazards, consenting of land, use activities, water takes, and discharges to air, land, and water.
He assists central and local government developers with the consenting and designating of infrastructure projects such as roads, prisons, and waste water treatment plants, including appeals. He also has experience in environmental due diligence.
Examples of Work
- Hawke's Bay Regional Council and Taranaki Regional Council - policy and plan development and resolving plan appeals
- Kāpiti Coast District Council - reviewing delegations and processes following Resource Management Act amendments
- Hawke's Bay Regional Council - resolving appeals of resource consent decisions for surface and ground water takes
- Taranaki Regional Council - re-consenting of the Patea Hydro-Electric Power Scheme
- NZ Transport Agency - obtaining designation and resource consent approvals for the Christchurch southern motorway
- Masterton District Council - obtaining consents and designations for upgraded waste water treatment plant
- South Taranaki District Council and Taranaki Regional Council - consent appeals for a coastal quarry
- Federated Farmers - Environment Court appeals about nitrogen restrictions in the Lake Taupo catchment
- Department of Corrections - obtaining designations, resource consents, and other approvals for the Auckland Regional Women's Corrections Facility, Spring Hill Corrections Facility, Otago Region Corrections Facility, and Mt Eden Prison
- NZ Society of Local Government Managers - reviewing resource consent and enforcement legal compliance modules
- Resource Management Law Association - Member