Matt is a senior associate in the firm's commercial group, specialising in information and communications technology (ICT).
Matt advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial contracts. These include shareholders' and JV agreements, investment agreements, sale and purchase agreements and product/hardware supply agreements. In the ICT context, these include outsourcing agreements, network connection agreements, fibre optic leases and IRUs, system supply and support agreements, software development and licensing agreements, and website development agreements.
He also regularly advises on key ICT regulatory matters, such as privacy/data protection requirements and telecommunications and radiocommunications regulatory compliance.
Examples of Work
- Westpac - New Zealand adviser on the outsourcing of its IT architecture to IBM
- DB Breweries - acquisition of Redwood Cellars and establishment of "Redwood Cider Company" joint venture
- Tauranga City Council - fibre optic "metro network" connection/access arrangements
- Te Māngai Pāho - supply and support of broadcasting distribution network system to be used by Iwi radio stations throughout New Zealand
- SolarWinds - acquisition of Trilenium Investments' "Kiwi Enterprises" software business
- Kordia - acquisition of ISP, Orcon Internet