Michael is the head of the banking and finance department and a member of the firm's board of management. He is a specialist banking and finance litigator and heads the security enforcement, insolvency, and restructuring group.
His clients include banks, government agencies, corporates, financial institutions, and insolvency practitioners. He advises on all aspects of banking, finance, and insolvency litigation, including liquidations and receiverships.
Michael has a broad range of mediation, arbitration, and litigation experience. He regularly appears as counsel in the New Zealand courts at all levels.
- Chambers Global Restructuring & Insolvency 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- IFLR1000 Restructuring & Insolvency 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- PLC Which Lawyer? Restructuring & Insolvency 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- The International Who's Who of Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers 2013 - Leading Lawyer
Examples of Work
- Advising banks and other lenders in significant insolvency and restructuring matters, both contentious and non-contentious
- Advising various insolvency practitioners, in their capacity as receivers or liquidators of large commercial entities in the agricultural, dairy, and insurance industries
- Counsel representing banks, receivers, and liquidators in various cases in the courts at all levels, for example:
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association - Board member
- INSOL - Committee member