Nick is a senior associate in the firm's commercial property group. His specialist areas are commercial property, infrastructure, and local government law.
Nick has wide experience in advising on all aspects of commercial property with particular expertise in acquisitions and disposals, subdivision and development, utility arrangements, and Public Works Act acquisitions and compensation. He regularly advises local government clients on roading and infrastructure projects and other Public Works Act matters.
Nick joined the firm in 2010 after returning from overseas, where he spent two years working for a large city law firm in London. His work experience also includes several years spent at another large New Zealand law firm.
Examples of Work
- New Zealand Transport Agency - Public Works Act and general property advice (under the contract with Opus International Consultants) on highway projects in Auckland, Waikato, and Bay of Plenty (including SH1 Waikato Expressway, SH2 Kauri Point Passing Lane Project and SH2 Taneatua Rail Over Bridge Project)
- Waterview Connection - land acquisitions for this major road and tunnel link for State Highway 20
- Auckland Transport - property acquisitions for the Auckland Manukau Eastern Transport Initiative (AMETI)
- North Shore City Council - gazettal of a large number of parks and open space areas as "reserves" under the Reserves Act 1977, including carrying out the gazettal and legalisation
- Auckland Transport - advising on proposed temporary road closures during the Rugby World Cup
- Warkworth SH1 Intersection Upgrade - land acquisitions
- Tauranga City Council - advising on acquisitions for the Mangatawa Exchange and Eastern Link, including the acquisition of Maori freehold land
- North Shore City Council (and now Auckland Transport) - advising on the acquisition of land in Albany for the Northern Busway, including carrying out the gazettal and legalisation
- Manukau City Council - Public Works Act advice on various South Auckland roading projects, including a full compulsory acquisition and legalisation
- Various local authorities - road stopping and land exchanges
- Various commercial and local government clients - negotiating and documenting utility network licences and easements
- Property Law Section, New Zealand Law Society - Member
- Local Authority Property Association (LAPA) Conference - Presenter (2011)