Nina is a senior associate in the firm's commercial litigation group. Nina regularly assists clients to resolve complex disputes through negotiation and mediation. She has acted for clients in the High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords.
Nina previously worked at London litigation firms Herbert Smith and Barlow Lyde & Gilbert.
Her areas of expertise include contractual disputes, negligence, professional indemnity, commercial property disputes and gambling law.
Examples of Work
- Petrobras - acting in judicial review proceedings brought by Greenpeace and Te Whanau-a-Apanui concerning the Minister of Energy's decision to award an exploration permit in the Raukumara Basin
- New Zealand Oil & Gas - acting in the Royal Commission of Inquiry on the Pike River Coal Mine Tragedy
- New Plymouth District Council - defending claims in the High Court and Court of Appeal following a challenge by leaseholders of land in Waitara to the Council's decision to offer the land to the Crown (for use in addressing historical Treaty of Waitangi claims)
- DB Breweries - defending a claim in the High Court concerning the lease and construction of a prominent Wellington bar
- New Zealand Community Trust - advising on regulatory issues and compliance with the Gambling Act 2003
- British Sky Broadcasting - acting in a £500 million claim against Electronic Data Systems (now HP Enterprise Services UK) for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract arising out of the installation of a new customer relationship management system
- London market insurers - advising on proceedings issued in Australia concerning the avoidance of an international directors' and officers' liability insurance policy
- Leading property development company - advising on a claim for rectification of a development and funding contract
- PGG Wrightson - acting in claims for breach of contract and conversion of goods arising out of unauthorised transactions
- Koppers Arch Wood Protection (NZ) - defending a claim for breach of contract and fiduciary duties
- Solicitor, England and Wales