Peter is a partner in the banking and finance department. He heads the firm's transactional banking and finance group in Wellington.
Peter acts for corporates, financial institutions, corporate trustees, and investment banks on bank lending, project financing, capital market issues, general debt raising, security enforcement, and recovery work.
Peter also advises on regulatory issues, in particular the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act, the Property Law Act, and the Personal Property Securities Act, and on precedent drafting and development in those areas.
- Chambers Global Banking & Finance 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- IFLR1000 Banking & Project Finance 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- PLC Which Lawyer? Banking & Finance 2013 - Leading Lawyer
- The International Who's Who Legal Project Finance 2011 - Leading Lawyer
- The International Who's Who Legal Banking 2010 - Leading Lawyer
Examples of Work
- UniCredit Bank AG - reorganisation of global syndicated loan facility to Merlin Entertainments Group Luxembourg to fund the acquisition of various tourism attractions in Australia and New Zealand
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia - A$85 million funding for Navis Capital's leveraged acquisition of Retail Apparel Group
- Ardagh Glass Group - private placement in the United States of €1.68 billion secured and unsecured notes
- Mighty River Power - private placement in the United States of US$275 million notes (acting for the United States investors)
- Goldman Sachs JBWere - lead manager on Vector's $1 billion credit-wrapped bond issue
- Westpac-led syndicate - $600 million syndicated facility to Fulton Hogan, to fund its growth into Australia and share buy-back from the Shell Group
- Westpac-led banking syndicate - $300 million syndicated financing to Silver Fern Farms (formerly PPCS)
- Guinness Peat Group - various capital note issues, ranging from $200 million to $350 million
- Austral Pacific - project financing of an oil and gas project
- Kuwait Finance House (Bahrain) - divestment of global rights to Canterbury brand to JD Sports Fashion
- Westpac New Zealand and Rabobank - PPSA issues and security documentation
- Trustee companies - issues of collateralised debt obligations by Macquarie and Calyon
- Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand (INFINZ) - Member
- Banking and Financial Services Law Association - Member
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia - Affiliate