Philip is a senior associate and specialist litigator in the banking and finance department. He specialises in banking, finance, and insolvency litigation, including liquidations and receiverships.
Philip regularly appears before the courts at all levels. His clients include banks, financial institutions, liquidators, receivers, and corporates.
Examples of Work
- Westpac New Zealand - litigation involving mortgagees' rights and duties at mortgagee sales (Westpac New Zealand v Golian)
- Westpac New Zealand - mortgagors' application to injunct mortgagee sale (Ibanez v Westpac New Zealand)
- HFK - application by directors and shareholders to injunct receiver's sale (King v ASB Bank)
- Advising banks and other financial institutions on enforcement and asset recovery options
- Advising various insolvency practitioners, in their capacity as receivers or liquidators