Sarah is a senior associate in the firm's commercial group. Her work experience includes four years in London working as in-house counsel for the BBC and Nestle UK Limited and for a large international law firm.
Sarah has experience advising on the laws surrounding the sale and marketing of goods and services (including advertising standards compliance, sales promotion schemes, gambling and intellectual property issues) and intellectual property and commercial aspects of sponsorship arrangements. She also provides strategic advice on trade mark portfolio management, registrability, infringement, and licensing.
Her significant transactional experience includes due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and initial public offerings, drafting and negotiating intellectual property-related contracts, and advising on all aspects of franchising (including franchise relationships) and drafting franchise-related agreements and documentation.
Examples of Work
- Bayer New Zealand - commercial aspects of pharmaceutical enforcement and licensing
- Royal New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals - intellectual property protection and licensing
- Griffin's - intellectual property protection and enforcement
- Mars - protection, exploitation and enforcement of brands
- DB Breweries - trade mark portfolio and aspects of its brand strategy
- Virgin Enterprises - trade mark portfolio and protection and enforcement of its brands in New Zealand
- Gullivers Travel Group - intellectual property aspects of $160 million initial public offering and listing on both NZX and ASX
- Pumpkin Patch - intellectual property aspects of its $100 million initial public offering and listing on NZX
- RE/MAX - New Zealand law issues relevant to its franchise agreements
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) - Committee Member
- Franchise Association of New Zealand - Member
- Solicitor, England and Wales