Sarah is a senior associate in the firm's commercial litigation group. She has experience in all facets of commercial dispute resolution, including negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and court proceedings.
Her specialist area is commercial lease disputes. She regularly works with, and acts on litigation for, commercial landlords, including New Zealand's leading shopping centre owner. She also advises commercial tenants.
Sarah has expertise in insolvency matters including advising creditors (secured and unsecured) and liquidators and regularly acts on debt recovery matters, including enforcement of guarantees. Sarah also acts on a wide range of contractual disputes and is involved in product liability cases.
Examples of Work
- Regularly providing expert advice to commercial landlords (and commercial tenants) on lease interpretation, lease enforcement, lease disputes and insolvency matters including voluntary administrations (eg Sounds music stores, Whitcoulls), Receiverships (eg Shanton, Nest) and liquidations (G.A.S clothing, Staxs clothing)
- Acting for large commercial landlords in lease enforcement and debt recovery litigation
- Advising and acting on product liability disputes and product recalls involving a variety of different products eg infant products, electronic goods, chemicals, machinery and vehicles
- Assisting international law firms with international clients and product liability matters including worldwide product recalls
- Acting for large companies on contractual disputes, negligence claims and enforcement of guarantees
- Providing debt recovery advice to large commercial companies
- YWCA Future Leaders programme - Mentor
- Unicef Global Parent
- Auckland Women Lawyers' Association - Member
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Product Liability (2011-2009) - Contributing author
- Getting the Deal Through - Product Liability 2012 - Contributing author