Market forces and legislative and regulatory requirements have given rise to increasingly complex property transactions. Strategic advice gained early means less risk for your business and proven cost savings. Our property law specialists can identify risks at the earliest possible stage for investors and developers, vendors and purchasers, and landlords and tenants, leading to better planning and wiser decision-making.
We offer the top property specialists, in skills and experience, for successfully negotiating the most complex transactions. We have advised on some of the most significant and groundbreaking developments on the New Zealand landscape, providing strategic advice to buyers, sellers, and developers of commercial property, commercial property landlords and tenants, and organisations undertaking major infrastructure projects.
Our legal experts work collaboratively with our other specialist practice areas. If a development requires advice in taxation/structuring, construction, dispute resolution, resource management, or property finance, we engage our specialists in those areas to ensure clients benefit from their strategic and cost-effective advice.
We advise across all industries and regularly act for major players in the subdivision, shopping centre, forestry, infrastructure, local authority, and hotel sectors. Our services are also called on for partnerships between the public and private sector (PPPs) and where Overseas Investment Office (OIO) consent for land acquisition is required.
- Britomart - the largest infrastructure project ever undertaken by a local authority in New Zealand, including the integration of rail and bus transport with development of a new commercial and retail precinct in downtown Auckland
- Wynyard Quarter - the largest urban redevelopment and regeneration project undertaken in New Zealand involving 36 ha of reclaimed land on the Auckland waterfront. The mixed use redevelopment requires extensive advice across a wide range of property issues
- Massey North Town Centre - Auckland Council land acquisition programme and undergrounding of the Transpower high voltage line
- Waterview Connection - land acquisitions for this major road and tunnel link for State Highway 20
- Eden Park - redevelopment of Eden Park for the 2011 Rugby World Cup
- Kiwi Income Property Trust - Sylvia Park $300 million development and retail portfolio management
- Westfield Shopping Centres - management and leasing work for the property portfolio throughout New Zealand
- Auckland Council and Auckland Transport - major transport interchange for rail and buses, over which a new Manukau Institute of Technology and rail station are to be built
- Auckland Council - acquisition of the 30 storey ASB Bank Building in downtown Auckland, the largest commercial property acquisition at the time in 2012, with a value of $104 million
- Tauranga Harbour Link - land acquisitions for one of New Zealand's largest transport projects
- Deloitte - "A" Grade office space leasing for Auckland's first New Zealand Green Business Council 5-star-rated-for-design office tower
- SFM New Zealand Pty - acquisition by a major world carbon credits player of interests in New Zealand to be used for part of its carbon credit acquisitions
- Westervelt Sporting Lodges - acquisition and development of sensitive land requiring difficult Overseas Investment Office and Resource Management Act compliance
- Hopper Developments - canal developments throughout New Zealand, including Pauanui Waterways, Marsden Cove, and Whitianga Waterways
- Fletchers - Jacks Point in Queenstown and Stonefields in Auckland, masterplan residential staged developments
- BP Oil New Zealand - advising on the full range of its property and general commercial requirements throughout New Zealand, including supply agreements, land control issues, specialist developments (such as motorway service centres), infrastructure projects, and its Land Bank
- Bunnings - purchase and leasing of its complete property portfolio in New Zealand
- Hotels - establishment in New Zealand of Singapore based Dynasty Hotel Group and acquisition of the Carlton Hotel by Hong Kong-based interests Langham Hotel Auckland
- Public Private Partnerships - Bream Bay Land Owners Association waste-water treatment plant, Vector Arena, and Penlink transport project
- Fiji Developments - including the Denarau Resort Development for Tabua Investments and Vulani Island