Information & Communications Technology
ICT can make or break a business. Technology can make a significant difference to a business' competitiveness, efficiency, and ability to respond to customer needs. It pays to have the support of experienced lawyers when undertaking an ICT project, especially one involving business critical systems or services. Our team of ICT lawyers has genuine expertise built on many years of experience.
Our focus on ICT, our industry knowledge, and our expertise in contracts enable us to develop practical and pragmatic solutions quickly and efficiently.
Our expertise includes ICT system supply and implementation arrangements, ICT outsourcing and services arrangements, network development and management, regulatory compliance, licensing, commercialisation of technology, and e-commerce.
We act for some of New Zealand's largest suppliers and users of ICT. We also support start-up and emerging technology businesses with pragmatic, affordable advice.
- Kordia New Zealand - sale of Orcon, New Zealand's fourth largest internet service provider
- Westpac New Zealand - outsourcing of IT infrastructure to IBM
- Inland Revenue - outsourcing of enterprise desktop solution
- Land Information New Zealand and the Department of Conservation - joint procurement of a land information property system for the management of Crown land
- Land Information New Zealand - outsourcing of IT services to Datacom
- Ministry of Economic Development - invitation for proposals to participate in the government's $1.5 billion Ultra-Fast Broadband Project to accelerate the deployment of ultra-fast broadband to New Zealanders over the next 10 years
- Various bidders - agreements with the Crown in relation to the Ultra-Fast Broadband initiative
- Te Reo Whakapuaki Iri Rangi - supply, implementation, and support of a national broadcast distribution network system for over 21 Maori radio stations, funded by Te Māngai Pāho (the Māori broadcasting funding agency)
- Axon Computer Systems - ICT managed services and support of the network servers and desktop users geographically spread
- Inland Revenue - telecommunications outsourcing to TelstraClear (now Vodafone)
- Inland Revenue KiwiSaver Implementation/Mainframe - primary external legal adviser to Inland Revenue in the ICT area, working on KiwiSaver ICT implementation, involving software and services procurement from 14 different vendors, including Central Administration System support co-ordination with Deloitte and B2B messaging with Sun
- Inland Revenue - $53 million mainframe replacement and services arrangements and the subsequent maintenance upgrade