Intermediate Commercial/Technology Solicitor
Superb work on offer in this commercial/technology/data protection team in the Auckland office of a large national law firm.
- Exciting, quality work for top clients
- Work with a team of experts in IP/ICT
- Fantastic support, flexibility, training and firm culture
Simpson Grierson’s IP/ICT National Practice Group is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced commercial solicitor to join its busy leading commercial/technology/data protection team, based in Auckland. Whether you're relocating or looking for a new opportunity, this could be the role that enables you to develop your career.
This role offers fantastic quality work with plenty of variety and the opportunity to work with a wide range of some of the world’s top tech companies and corporate clients in a diverse range of industries. We are looking for a lawyer with:
- At least 4 years' experience in commercial law;
- Experience in advising on technology, telecommunications, privacy and data governance, and regulatory matters;
- Excellent communication, written and analytical skills, as well as excellent contract drafting skills;
- An interest in the issues and trends affecting the wider IT and technology section; and
- A willingness to learn and the ability to work flexibly in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
The work will involve a mix of advising on implications of AI and new technologies, arrangements for IT systems procurement and IT services, data privacy and information governance, and regulatory advice for telecommunications and other technology related matters. There will also be the opportunity to work on IP matters as part of the wider IP/ICT National Practice Group. You'll be able to build your expertise, with the support of a team of leading specialists. You will also enjoy working collaboratively with other team members and specialists within the IP/ICT National Practice Group and across the firm.
You will also have the outstanding professional and career development opportunities that Simpson Grierson offers, as well as the flexibility of hybrid working, and our excellent wellness and benefits programme. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture and our reputation for putting people first in everything we do. We are winners of the large firm Employer of Choice at the 2022 NZ Law Awards.