Our structured finance practice is made up of experienced banking and finance, capital markets, and tax lawyers. They work together to provide clients with tax-efficient fundraising structures.
We provide expert advice on the full spectrum of structured finance transactions, structured products, and risk transfer programmes, including receivables origination, securitisation programmes, derivative products, structured note issuances, repurchase transactions, operating leases, and finance leases.
We have advised originators of receivables on a number of complex securitisation transactions in recent years.
Examples of our work
- Fisher & Paykel Group - establishment of the RFS Trust 2006-1 under a master trust securitisation structure, to fund the operations of the Group's consumer finance arm
- Pacific Retail Finance - securitisation of hire purchase receivables
- Gas Investments NZ - $300 million securitisation, involving notes placed in the United States
- Noel Leeming Group - establishment of securitisation programme for fixed instalment receivables with Bank of New Zealand
- Alleasing New Zealand - structured loan note funding programme for leasing receivables