Neville is a senior associate in the security enforcement group. He has extensive experience in mortgagee sales and related Land Transfer Act and Property Law Act issues.
His areas of expertise include chattels and fixtures, Maori land issues, GST as this affects mortgagees, commercial sales, farm sales, the Property Law Act, the Land Transfer Act, caveats, rate arrears issues that affect mortgagees, restraining and forfeiture orders under proceeds-of-crime legislation as these affect mortgagees, and the Landonline system (for land edealings).
Before joining the firm, Neville spent 15 years with the Justice Department, including as a Registrar of the High Court at Auckland controlling its civil proceedings section.
Examples of Work
- Westpac - receivership sale of Crafar Farms (involving 16 dairy farms of about 8,000 hectares in total)
- Westpac - mortgagee sale of multimillion-dollar resort property in the Marlborough Sounds
- ASB Bank - mortgagee sale of land subject to Waitangi Tribunal claim, to local iwi, requiring a specialised sale agreement
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - receivership sale of beachfront subdivision at Matauri Bay
- KordaMentha - various receivership sales
- Management of large volumes of enforcement and recovery matters
- Speaker at national conferences, eg New Zealand Law Society 2012 Property Law Conference on "Mortgagee and receivers' sales - purchaser's perspective"