Private Client and Trusts
We help New Zealanders create a secure future for themselves and their loved ones by preserving their assets and providing guidance through difficult circumstances to achieve the right outcomes.
Our private client and trusts specialists will work with you to gain a clear understanding of your situation, before providing practical advice to help you negotiate challenges and achieve your goals.
With specialist knowledge in tax, trusts, wills, estate administration, and real estate, our team provide a full range of services to help protect assets.
We provide tax and trust law advice to New Zealand trusts (both private and charitable) and international trusts which have a connection to New Zealand.
We also advise individuals who are moving to New Zealand, whether as new migrants or returning residents, on New Zealand’s transitional resident tax rules, New Zealand tax implications of investments inside and outside New Zealand, trusts, and relationship property issues.
We have in-depth experience in dealing with all relevant New Zealand legislation that can impact on wills and estates.
Should any contentious issues arise, we work with our litigation experts to achieve the best possible outcome.
Services we provide
- Trusts – including establishment, administration, review, restructure, and distribution
- Wills – drafting and advice
- Estate administration – applications for grants of probate and letters of administration for both New Zealand wills and foreign wills
- Powers of attorney – enduring, general and specific
- Relationship property – advice and contracting out agreements
- Gifting – advice post the abolishment of gift duty
- Retirement villages – advice on occupation right agreements
- Residential care – advice on eligibility for government subsidies and government loans.