12/02/2024·2 mins to read
Simpson Grierson boosts practice with new round of promotions
Simpson Grierson is bolstering its practice with the promotion of Lucy Jenkins to Special Counsel in the firm’s highly regarded Employment team, alongside the promotion of five lawyers to Senior Associate and eight to Senior Solicitor.
Lucy Jenkins has been with Simpson Grierson for 19 years and brings extensive technical expertise and wise counsel, providing reliable, pragmatic advice across all aspects of employment law.
Simpson Grierson Board Chair, Pip Muir says: “These promotions are a real testament to the mahi that our talented lawyers put in every day, and they all thoroughly deserve this recognition for their outstanding contribution.”
The following five lawyers have been promoted to Senior Associate:
- Beth Reed in the Corporate & Commercial practice, based in Christchurch,
- Lucy Harrison in Auckland’s Banking & Finance team,
- Matt Austin in the Employment team, based in Auckland,
- Elizabeth Keall-Ross in Auckland’s Litigation practice; and
- Tim Bremner in Wellington’s Litigation team.
The firm has also promoted the following eight lawyers to Senior Solicitor:
- Abe Trask-Coombs and Avary Patutama, both in Auckland’s Litigation team,
- Ben Hardisty in the Corporate & Commercial team in Christchurch,
- Hanna Tevita in Wellington’s Employment team,
- Lucy Crichton and Mathew Thompson, both in Auckland’s Real Estate team,
- Sam Hart in Wellington’s Planning & Environment team; and
- Vaughan Somerville in the IP/ICT practice in Auckland.
Pip continues: “It’s a real privilege to work alongside our lawyers and see their ongoing commitment to our clients and business as we focus on delivering excellent service across our practice areas with strengthened teams and diverse talent.”
Today’s announcement is in addition to the promotion to partnership of three of Simpson Grierson’s senior lawyers effective 1 January 2024: Nicky Hall, Rachael Judge and Edward Norman.